Gone are the days where the teaching learning process happened only inside the class room. Now a days the teaching learning more happens in internet, gadgets and at own phase.
In our country we have plethora of experts in teaching community who could explain a concept in a subject in an easy, simple understandable way for the students. Such resources are in an abundant need by students’ community in both schools and higher education sector. ICT Academy aims to make the best way of explain a concept by an expert in one part of the country available to the entire nation in form of short videos of 10 minutes duration through online and make a repository of such video classes which will be available to the students at free of cost and also for the teaching community to take forward the best practices.
ICT Academy invites such teachers and faculty members to contribute the students’ community to help them understand various concepts in various subjects in an easier and simple ways and remember the same for years. ICT Academy, with intent to encourage the faculty members, has a new initiative “DigiGuru - National Teaching Video Contest”, to show case the best practices of faculty members in the form of short videos. The top unique practices of faculty members will be awarded in Bridge, the largest Industry-Institute Interaction event of the country.
Objective of the Award
National Teaching Video Contest is to recognize the faculty members in schools and in higher education who have brought a change in the teaching learning process. Faculty members who have created a high positive impact in the teaching learning experience will be recognized through this initiative.Apply now!
Who can apply?
- Full time teaching professional.
- Higher Education: Faculty members (all streams, both in UG & PG) from Engineering Colleges, Arts & Science Colleges, Business Schools, Polytechnics, and Teacher Training Institutes.
- K-12: School Teachers teaching classes from 6 to 12.
Mr. K N Visveswaran
Chief Mentor of Hexavarsity
Dr Mangala Sunder Krishnan
Coordinator and Head - NPTEL
Prof G Srinivasan
Head of Management Studies & Former NPTEL Coordinator ,
Mr. Sivakumar Palaniappan
Author & Career Coach
Mr. Raj Prabhakar
Mr. Gajendran Ganesapandian
Subject Matter Expert
Mr. Anand Pillai
Education Lead - India & Saarc
Autodesk India Pvt Ltd
Mr. Krishna kanth
Senior Elastic Cloud Storage Engineer
Computer Science and Engineering
Head I.C Centre for Environmental Management
Video Submission Guidelines
- 1.The video should be uploaded in Youtube channel as unlisted video and viewable only by link shared
- 2.The link of the uploaded video should be submitted in the portal www.ictacademy.in while applying for the contest or before the deadline or last date for uploading the video.
Guidelines for Faculty Members (Dos and Don’ts)
- 1.The video should contain teaching or lecturing a concept from any topic in any subject as per the syllabus of Universities or the syllabus of Board.
- 2.Duration of the video should not exceed 10 minutes
- 3.The faculty member should appear teaching in the video
- 4.The video should not be an animation / simulation way of teaching, but animation / simulation can be part of the teaching.
- 5.There is no restriction on the format of the video. It can be even shot using smart phones or i-pods, etc. But ensure the clarity of the video and audio.
Expert Jury Evaluation
- January 31, 2017 Last Date for applying online
- January 31, 2017 Last Date for submitting the Video Link
- February 10, 2017 Selection Process completion
- February 16, 2017 Publishing the top 10 videos
- February 26, 2017 Last Date for the Public Voting
- February 28, 2017 Awards Ceremony
ICT AcademyELCOT Complex, 2-7 Developed Plots,
Industrial Estate, Perungudi,
Chennai – 600 096
Tamil Nadu, India